Wednesday, December 9, 2020

Would You?


 











Don't know about you, but I hardly follow HipHop anymore. Used to groove to the innovative sounds of Public Enemy, Gang Starr or Nas back in the days, but slowly but surely lost interest for some reason or other. Always kept following the path of New Yorker Kaseem Ryan, better knows as Ka, though. If you intend to check out at least one rap record this year, make it his new Descendants Of Cain. Clever raps, innovative beats, great flow.

Ka - Patron Saints

3 comments:

jonder said...

Nice one, thanks for the recommendation! I can hear the classic NYC vibe.

The sheer volume of new hip hop artists and releases makes it hard to keep up. I too have slowly but surely lost interest; and like you, I couldn't really say why. I keep thinking I need to get back up to speed, but don't know where to dip a toe. ;-)

Ramone666 said...

Good to hear I'm not alone in this...

jonder said...

Graham Duff's list of 2020 favorites led me to Solo Monk's "Stoned In Trumpistan" album, which is lyrical and soulful:

https://sexandsexandsex.bandcamp.com/album/stoned-in-trumpistan