Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Top O' The Morning




















"And I think I'll call it morning from now on... why should I survive on sadness and tell myself I got to be alone..." Presenting a six pack for early risers. Wakey wakey, people.

Gil Scott-Heron - I Think I Call It Morning
Rob Galbraith - Jezebel Of The Morning
Doug Sahm - Catch Me In The Morning
Lighty Singers Of Estill, SC - In The Morning When The Trumpet Sound
The Youngbloods - Four In The Morning
Blind Blake - Early Morning Blues

4 comments:

Holly said...

Love the Lighty Singers cut - thanks for reminding about that great lp!

Ramone666 said...

Mississippi records rules. You're familiar with their just as great Oh Graveyard, You Can't Hold Me Always compilation I guess?

Holly said...

Yep! But it's missing the titular song, which has always kinda irked me - but then Mississippi did reissue the entire Eddie Lee Jones lp, so I guess I've no reason to be peevish ;-)

I hope you have the Pitch/Gusman Record Story(Fat Possum compiled), also so good!

Ramone666 said...

Nope, but will check it out asap. Thanks.