Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Dutch Treats


















Here's some more hot nederbiet for ya, with vocals in English this time, from a cool compilation I picked up recently called Dutch Beat Explosion. Do try on these rough but utterly charming mid-sixties treats with a strong Beatles influence from the land of windmills, clogs, and coffeeshops. My fave? The amazing Rodys from Groningen Rock City, who come on like a wild cross between the Kinks and Barrett-era Floyd. "Just fancy living between the people without ears..." My point exactly.

The Sandy Coast - Subject Of My Thoughts
Jay-Jays - Today I'm Gay
Penny Wise - Silver Girls
Rodys - Just Fancy

2 comments:

Ernie Goggins said...

Great stuff, thanks. I was lucky enough to pick up a copy of the first 'Biet Het' album that you featured the other week. I would have to say, at the risk of being misunderstood, nothing beats 'Lady Sex'

Ramone666 said...

I can see where you're coming from... Cheers mate!