Sunday, December 16, 2007

´When I say I´m in love...


...you best believe I´m in love L.U.V.´ What a way to start off a song. I played an old girl groups compilation today and was surprised just how fresh all these old hits still sound. The Shangri-Las ones especially. Give Him A Great Big Kiss is probably my fave, owing both to the classic spoken intro and to ´he´s good bad, but he´s not evil´, surely one of the best lines in song ever. But with competition from Leader Of The Pack (with another wonderful spoken intro btw), Remember (Walking In The Sand), Out In The Streets and I Can Never Go Home Anymore choosing sure was tough.

Shangri-Las - Give Him A Great Big Kiss MP3

As you probably know already, the L.U.V. intro was also used with great success a couple of years later by the New York Dolls as the start of Looking For A Kiss. Johansen and Thunders knew their classics very well.

New York Dolls - Looking For A Kiss MP3