Monday, January 15, 2018

Bring The Goose





















When the Swede over at the always interesting Unthought Of, Though, Somehow blog hailed Richard Dawson's latest as his musical highlight of last year, I just had to check it out. And his description - 'claustrophobic medieval avant-garde folk-noir' - sure proved spot-on, as Peasant is a record you don't hear every day to say the least. If Robert Wyatt fronting a lo-fi Incredible String Band in some godforsaken British bog sounds even remotely like your thing, don't hesitate. Uneasy listening guaranteed.

Richard Dawson - Ogre

1 comment:

The Swede said...

I'd also add that it's among his most accessible works to date!
You've turned me on to several records over the past couple of years, I'm glad that I've been able to return the favour.