Friday, April 12, 2019

Good Question That





















Today's query is short and sweet. "I stand for language, I speak the truth..." New Wave was a term coined by record companies of course, trying to sell a varied batch of young bands (from the Go Go's to Dire Straits and from Mink deVille to the Cars) to customers thought to be wary of the scary punk moniker. Although this is a Mike Watt composition, let's send it out in loving memory of Minutemen mastermind D. Boon, who died way too young in a van crash back in 1985.

Minutemen - Do You Want New Wave Or Do You Want The Truth?

2 comments:

Rol said...

I find the Minutemen are fascinating in small doses such as this. Whenever I hear one of their songs in isolation such as here, I find them very affecting. The cumulative effect of a whole album just gets too much though.

Ramone666 said...

I can see where you're coming from.